MOOCs offer a remarkable variety of classes, sometimes in subjects not typically taught in traditional university settings. Here are four upcoming classes that are outside the box.
Offered by Coursera and taught by a professor at Penn, this class is meant to help anyone, but specifically non-American and non-English speaking students, navigate the non-standard application process for American colleges and universities.
- Started August 3, goes through August 31
- Estimated workload: 3-6 hours/week
Taught by two management professors at the Università Bocconi, this class teaches you market drivers, business models and brand management strategies by using case-studies.
- Starts October 3, goes through November 7
- Estimated workload: 3-4 hours/week
This class is taught by a published author and self-taught expert in the folk healing tradition of the Southwest US and Mexico. Discussing the effectiveness of these traditional methods as well as the specific healing methods.
- Starts August 18, goes through October 13
- Estimated Workload: 10-12 hours/week
So you think you know numbers? Well this class will stretch how you think about numbers and start thinking like a scientist. Learn how to relate numbers to the real world and describe the world, as well as communicate your findings.
- Starts August 18, goes through September 14
- Estimated Workload: 3 hours/week