This course is offered through Codecademy — you can add it to your Accredible profile to organize your learning, find others learning the same thing and to showcase evidence of your learning on your CV with Accredible’s export features.
Course Date: Anytime (self-paced)
Introduction to HTML
- HTML Basics
- Fundamentals of HTML
- Build Your Own Webpage – Now that you know HTML, you can create your very own webpage. Let’s get started!
HTML Structure: Using Lists
- HTML Basics II – Now that you know how to build a webpage, let’s learn how to make it look a little nicer. You can add lists, change fonts, and more!
- Social Networking Profile – It’s hard to believe, but you now know enough HTML to create your own basic social networking profile! Let’s get started.
HTML Structure: Tables, Divs, and Spans
- HTML Basics III – Paragraphs and lists are great, but sometimes you want to lay your webpage out in a more complex way. Enter tables, divs, and spans!
- Clickable Photo Page – Have you ever wanted to make a photo album or collection of images like the ones you’ve seen on Facebook or Pinterest? All it takes is a table.
Introduction to CSS
- CSS: An Overview – CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are what give your HTML pages their beautiful appearance. You’ve got the HTML structure down pat—now it’s time to make your website look great!
- Design a Button for Your Website – Now that you know some CSS, you can style great-looking buttons for your webpages.
CSS Classes and IDs
- CSS Selectors – You’ve learned a bit about CSS—now it’s time to dive into the details of selectors, including multiple selectors, universal selectors, and class and ID selectors.
- Sorting Your Friends – You’ve probably got a lot of friends on social networking sites, but they’re not all your friends: you’ve probably got acquaintances, family members, coworkers, classmates, and so on. Let’s sort them with CSS!
CSS Element Positioning
- CSS Positioning – Now that you know exactly how to style any HTML element you want, it’s time to learn how to place them exactly where you want them to appear on the page.
- Build a Resume – Ready to (wait for it)… reposition yourself?
This is a beginner level course and takes about 7 hours to complete. If you are like me and know just enough to get yourself into trouble, this is the course for you! Learning, coding and testing in the same screen is a great feature that makes it easier to understand and remember.
Don’t forget to update your Learner’s Profile when you add this (or any other) course. Did you sign up? How did you do? Let us know in the comments below.